Flood Re is a government backed scheme that has been set up to help households that have been previously flooded or that live in flood risk areas buy affordable home insurance.
Not only is the scheme helping to keep premiums affordable but policyholders also benefit from a low £250 flood excess.
We have a panel of insurers that are part of the Flood Re Scheme which means we can offer the best prices and insurance cover to suit everyone.
Flood Re isn't available to all households, to be eligible:
- The property must be built before 1st January 2009 (if a home is built before 1st January 2009 but then demolished and rebuilt, the new home will however still be eligible).
- The property must be located within the UK specifically being: England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland (excluding the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands).
- The property must have a domestic Council Tax Band A to H (or equivalent).
- The property must be used for private, residential purposes.
- The policy holder, or their immediate family, must live in the property for some or all of the time (this can be with other people) or the property must be unoccupied.
- The property must be a single residential unit or a building comprising of two or three residential units.
- The property must be insured on an individual basis or have an individual premium, it cannot be part of a policy which includes a number of other properties as well.
Want to understand more about how Flood Re works? Read our Flood Re For Dummies Guide.