Why You Should Have a Flood Action Plan
If you live in a high flood risk area, there are many things that you can do to protect your home other than having flood insurance cover.
One of the simplest things you can do is to have a flood action plan so you know what you need to do should your property be about to flood.
Having a plan of will help you make the most of whatever time you have to prepare, minimise stress and allow you to focus on the right things to do.
Create Your Digital Flood Action Plan Here!
We've created a Personal Flood Action Plan template that you can store and access whenever and wherever you are. Our plan has some great features including:
- Email and download functionality allowing you to share your plan with others wherever you are
- Places to store important information such as the location of utilities switch off points, what items to move and where to
- Guidance on what action you can take to prepare well in advance of a flood
- A key contacts area to store important phone numbers
- A hints and tips section on what you can do to minimise damage
Our digital flood action plan is available via the Flood Assist app or from the Flood Assist website (registration required).
Download the Flood Assist App
The Flood Assist App can be found at the following mobile phone and tablet stores:
Create a Flood Assist Account
In order to produce a flood plan you will need to register an account with us, which you can do either directly, or using Facebook, Twitter or Google accounts. You don't have to be a Flood Assist Insurance customer to create an account or to produce a flood plan!